Thursday, March 5, 2009

Random Notes

This is a video of Luca studiously ignoring her Mommy. Of course as soon as we turn on the video camera she won’t perform! She really does give kisses though and here is a picture of her planting a big one on Daddy.

Watching the vacuum (which is making strange noises, uh oh) and laughing, a lot.


My little girl is growing so fast! I just noticed today that her feet hit the seat back when she’s in her carseat. I guess I better read the instructions on her big girl seat! Today we bought new jammies (why is it so hard to find the ones that zip up?) and retired another set of clothes. I also put away the sleep positioner (I know, I know, I should have done that a long time ago) so now I find her in awkward poses in the mornings.

Going shopping with Luca is always an interesting experience. People always notice a baby but I never expected so many comments from strangers, they amuse me.

Stranger: “She must look like her Daddy, those blue eyes!”
Me: Um, no, Daddy has brown eyes and she looks just like me.

Stranger: “Oh! How cute is she! Can you stand it?! Boo baby! Boo!” (while poking Luca’s tummy and grabbing her hands).
Me: Thank you, do not touch my baby.

Stranger: “How old is he, is he walking yet?”
Me: Um, she’s a she and she’s only six months, so no, not walking.

Stranger: “Awwwww….what a sweetheart”.
Me: I totally agree.

8 comments:

Jen said...

I love the picture or Luca kissing Joe! :)

...and I love your toile chair! ;)

I too used to get the 'boy' comment...and usually they had pink on or something w/flowers all over it!

Ben and Melissa James said...

Aw! That's so cute! You should frame that picture of Luca and Joe. It's too cute!

Jessica said...

I think she looks like you too! Adorable!!!

Amy said...

I LOVE LOVE that pic of Joe and Luca. I think this is foreshadowing for what she will do "for" Joe and not you (IDK, it's a mom thing and lack of deep voice). I also LOVE your toile chair and I think I'm going to steal it. Why do people comment on gender? It's like commenting about someone being pregnant. Just don't do it.

Janna said...

I must agree with all your commenters.;o) The pic of her smooching Joe might be one of the cutest I've seen--blow that up and frame it! And your toile chair is also absolutely awesome! ;o)

Anonymous said...

I love the kissing picture as well...that is really cute! I got asked yesterday about Hugh...boy or girl...I told them to guess, that is what we do :)!

Jason and Lisa said...

Strangers and my baby don't mix! I like the sweet comments as long as their hands are not touching my kiddo...the weird comments, um not so much.

She's a cutie! Love the pic of Joe and Luca.

Cristina said...

Hey! I had not noticed you changed the name of your blog?!

I too love the photo of Luca kissing daddy... she is well on her way of being and staying daddy's little girl! Yeah, the comments about babies are fun, aren't they? 99% of the time I get asked where D. got her red hair but the other day, someone heard me speaking Spanish to her and assumed I was the "hispanic nanny"... that was lovely!